|© Viola Di Pietro | Dreamstime.com|
So, we're almost halfway through the summer and if the weather where you are has been anything like it has in the North East of Scotland you will have had more rainy days than sunny ones so, if you find yourself stuck in the house on a rainy day, here are 10 things you might like to try out.
- Spend some time writing out your short term and long term goals. Write down what you want to achieve; how you are going to do it; who can help you; when you want to achieve it by and how you will know when you've reached it.
- Clean out a cupboard. Pick one cupboard that really needs cleared out and spend time getting rid of everything you no longer need/want. Then pack everything that's left back in (neatly), stand back and admire.
- Start a blog. Click here for hints and tips.
- Have some 'me' time. Read a book, spend time doing your hobby, give yourself a manicure/pedicure in fact do anything at all that you normally struggle to find time to do.
- Sort out your wardrobe. Put anything that doesn't fit you or that you haven't worn in in the last year into a charity pile then take it to the charity shop when the rain stops.
- Watch a movie. Better still watch several movies.
- Clear out you email in-boxes and back up your files.
- Try your hand at writing a short story.
- Bake a cake. Try out a recipe you've never used before.
- Spend time browsing StumbleUpon You'll be amazed at what you can find there.
This, of course, is totally irrelevant if you happen to be at work on a rainy day but do keep them in mind for the next rainy weekend or holiday.
These are just a few suggestions but if you can think of anything else please feel free to share them in the comment section at the bottom of the page.
Until the next time,